Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Halloween Pumpkins 2011

Because my blinged out pumpkins came out so great the year before, I wanted to step it up this past Halloween. I was a bit ambitious this time around. I'll tell it with pictures...

Cinderella's Carriage
My nekid pumkins. Two of them were from Southampton!

I started etching in the carriage door.

Then, the right carriage window.

Followed by the left carriage window.

TA-DA!

Oh, man...What a mess!


I embellished the outside with puffy glitter paint.

Pretty, isn't it?

Every carriage needs some wheels!

This was supposed to be glow-in-the-dark glitter. MARTHA STEWART LIED!!

See? No glow-in-the-dark action! Bastards...

But, they were sparkly...crystal-like.

Some glitter on the doors to make them pop.

My disassembled carriage.
I popped those wheels on with chopsticks & a little hot glue.
With the aide of a hammer.
 
My carriage awaits! (Daylight hours.)

And here it is at night!
Karma-saurus

We start off with a monster of a pumpkin and cut into it's head.
Hollow it out.

Give him some eyes and a nose.
...and a mouth.

ARRRRRRRRGH!
"I'M ALIVE!!!!"

Pop in the props!


Karma's a Bitch!

Impressive, no?

Throw in a small electric light.
"MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
I done good!
>=]
Now, that's a fancy stoop!
My craft babies! The striped one on the far right is done up with white glue and glitter.
Materials:
Various sized pumpkins
Cutting & etching tools
White glue
Hot glue gun
Glitter puffy paint pens
Martha Stewart Glitter in silver, onyx, & glow-in-the-dark (which DID NOT glow-in-the-dark-or-otherwise)
Chopsticks (to hold on the carriage wheels)
Tealights and small electric lights

No comments:

Post a Comment