Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fifty Shade of 'Oh, Please!'

We all know the frenzy that is Fifty Shades of Grey. I read all three books, and I was underwhelmed. Unfortunately, there are millions of people who disagree with me. But, I suppose that all adage is there for a reason- Different strokes for different folks.

Knowing what the Halloween crazy is like in NYC, I have already been approached by two women for my mask-making skills. Yes, my friends, someone out there (two, actually) are fans of my little mask attempts and have commissioned me to replicate Anasatasia's mask from Fifty Shades Darker.

As you can see from the cover of the book, the mask is longer at the nose and actually comes all the way down to the nostrils. I've never attempted to bend leather into such a detailed shape before, but there's a first time for everything, right?

At the very least, I'm excited to try. I think I'm good enough. I don't think I'm gonna suck. Wish me luck!


And, just to update you on my last project- the Yellow, Green and White puffy crochet blanket; my new nephew Riley was born on June 7th. Meet Riley Chase Rothwell. (Yes, my cousin is all about the resume names.) Unfortunately, his blanket is only halfway complete, but it is summer so by the time the weather cools down, it should be all ready for him!

5 comments:

  1. Could you make one for me? need it by November 10th in the UK? email me Selina @ sjmorris72@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! It shouldn't be a problem! I'll shoot you an email now to hammer out the details. =)

      Delete
  2. Hi Katherine! I had a question about your mask. Is there a black feather? If I want to purchase one how would i go about that? Also, could u take more pics of the mask? Pls. email me at lizcasey29@yahoo.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's a feather. I'm all out of stock right now. I'm just waiting on some material to come in. I'll make a new set and send you pictures. You can decide whether or not you're interested. =)

      Delete
  3. Hi Katherine, so happy that you are creative and working on these. I absolutely love this mask. I wanted one for a party this past weekend. There is a mask that is close but not the one you are making. Could you please make me one? You can reach me at caliswf@aol.com Love everything about this mask, silver grey with the black feathers. Amazing! Sue

    ReplyDelete